Coaching Essentials for Education Leaders
Learn coaching skills to strengthen your leadership, build more resonant relationships and nurture the growth necessary to build collaborative and high-functioning teams in school buildings and beyond.
In person dates: Week 1: August 1-4, Week 2: November 2-4
Faculty: Jenna Wendy Shapiro ACC, Jessica Wodatch ACC, Ray Fisher PCC
The Teleos Coaching Essentials Program for Education Leaders is a great way to bring the strengths of coaching into your leadership. This course combines the mechanics of coaching as well as the leadership and personal development required to be an excellent coach and a more effective leader. At Teleos, we believe great coaches embody and practice core competencies that can be learned quickly but take a lifetime to master: the ability to build strong relationships and create trust, the ability to ignite change by creating a compelling vision for the future and the ability to use observation, inquiry and personal presence to support people as they grow and change. Because we believe effective coaches and leaders are self-aware, this course is grounded in Emotional Intelligence, self-awareness and resilience.
In this program, you will:
- Develop the ability to lean into coaching as a component of your leadership
- Take time to reconnect with your vision and purpose, and develop greater awareness of self
- Join a community of other education leaders to connect, build relationships, and collaborate
- Take time to reflect and build renewal practices
- Learn a framework for coaching
- Learn how adults change and overcome resistance to change
- Build coaching practices you can incorporate into your daily work
- Receive rigorous coaching practice with “real time” feedback from faculty as well as group and 1:1 mentoring
- Receive a coaching handbook with templates and exercises
- Fulfill the education requirements for coaching certification
The Teleos Coaching Essentials Program for Education Leaders brings together education leaders from across the country, and from across all levels of school, network, and district leadership. This diverse group is united by their desire to use coaching in their leadership to build more resonant relationships and nurture the growth necessary to build collaborative and high-functioning teams. These leaders support staff to be their most powerful selves, with the focus of their work centered on student well-being, wholeness, and achievement.
This 4-month program includes two in-person workshops at Teleos Leadership Institute, located just outside Philadelphia. The first workshop is 4 days in August, and the second is 3 days in November. In between, you’ll work with faculty to implement and practice what you’re learning through group mentoring and one-on-one check-ins. The faculty for this course include coaches who have worked as education leaders and have experience working with leaders in a coaching capacity at all levels of education.